Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where did the Summer go?

Well I think that it is finally about time that I updated my blog. It has been a VERY busy summer for us. Here is a quick review of what we have been up to this summer.
We started the summer off by celebrating Kaelynn's 7th birthday. She was very excited for her birthday and was counting down the days.
She was able to celebrate with a few of her friends from our neighborhood. She had a High School Musical birthday party since she loves the movies.


Chloe has turned into a very active 1 year old, who likes to get into everything. It does not suprise me that she is the first one of our kids to end up with a black eye. She was trying to play like all the other big girls and go hit by a swing right below her eye. Sure enough she got a black eye that lasted for about 2 -3 weeks. (These are not the greatest pictures, but you can see it a little bit. I do have to say that it looked a lot worse.)




July came as a very busy month. It started out with Nate, Hailey and I being very sick with strep thoat, and wanting to die. Luckily I had great friends who helped us out. Then, I helped in planning a fundraiser dinner and auction for my ward, which turned out very well. But I am glad that it is over, and that we can only have 1 a year! (Thank you to everyone who came and supported the youth.) Right after that was Girls Camp. This was the longest amount of time that I was away from Nate and the girls. I missed them very much but I did have a good time at girls camp and had a lot of fun with the YW. After girls camp it was a rush to try and finish plans for youth conference.


When I came home from girls camp I realized that Hailey's hair looked a little different. She seemed to have more bangs than she used to. But she kept insisting that no one cut her hair. The next day I still wasn't completly convinced, so I kept on asking. Come to find out Kaelynn decided to give her a little hair cut. We have never had problems with sicssors or cutting hair before this, so at least it wasn't that bad. She actually looked cute with bangs and so we decided to add to it and get her hair cut.


Before:


After:




After a very crazy month we were able to go on a much needed vacation. We went to visit Nate's family in California. All of his family was there and we were able to celebrate several family members birthdays. We had a great time and enjoyed swimming and spending time with family!







3 comments:

Jenny said...

what a summer! hope yw is going well. the party at the ranch sounded like so much fun. i wish we could have been there.

J♥M said...

I love summer even busy ones! It makes up for all the time coped up in the winter sharing sickness back and forth!

Aubs said...

Love the pictures. I was hoping you'd post one of the overall pond his parents have with the palm tree thingy. Love the dyed blue water. What a fun thing for them to have on their property